It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 16:26

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Interview Habersham
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 15:03 

Niet echt een boeiend interview, maar toch...
[quote=""365mag"]Young Habersham has achieved more in a handful of years than most hope to achieve in a lifetime: he's played in over 19 cities worldwide, from Australia to Turkey, Budapest to Amsterdam, throughout the States, Mexico and Central America; he has over 30 releases under his belt on labels such as Audio Therapy, Global Underground, Proton, and his own Blueprint & Lobotomy imprints; his music has been featured on over 10 of the world's most prestigious compilations & mix CDs such as Renaissance (x3), Global Underground, Bedrock Breaks (x2), Distinctive's Y4K, Balance, et al. And in 2005 he recorded 2 exclusive radio mixes for both Annie Nightingale's BBC 1 and John Digweed's 'Transitions' shows as well as numerous mixes aired on international radio shows in Germany, Turkey, Hungary, Australia's JJJ, and throughout America.

2007 saw the return of Habersham to John Digweed's Transitions show with another stunning guest mix, receiving some of the best praise KissFM UK has ever had.

Atlanta's most coveted weekly newspaper, 'Creative Loafing' named him the "Critic's Pick Best Local Electronic Act" for 2007.

Now he's getting his hands dirty with technology - filthy dirty. He's not only creating music that tears down boundaries, but he's dabbling with creating full original visual and other sensory stimulation. Habersham is shedding the limitations of turntables and CDJs, moving towards a completely unique live performance incorporating various media forms into his live show.

Some listeners have described his music as subtle, twisted underground music. Some say it's a bit too 'weird.' Others cannot even find the words to describe his taste, and this is what makes him most proud. Perhaps the greatest of compliments is when an artist cannot be labeled or boxed in, which explains why Damian Lazarus, James Holden, Pig & Dan, Phil K, Lee Burridge, James Zabiela, Dave Seaman, Nic Fanciulli, Ozgur Can and even Slam give heavy rotation to his selections.

1. What is your first memory to music?
Singing Bad by Michael Jackson into a Fisher-price tape-recorder and microphone

2. What is your favorite piece of equipment you use in the studio or DJ-ing and why?
My Macbook Pro, the most stable thing I've ever used, and in turn Logic

3. What is your current top 5? (title/artist/label)
1: Raz Ohara - Whitmey Na (Original and Nass Remix)
2: Rob Dowell - The Creative Itch (Lobotomy)
3: Unai - A Love Moderne (Forcetracks)
4: Tipper - The Seamless Unspeakable Something (Tipper Music)
5: Rob Dowell - Stick Figures (Skeetaz and Fine Cut Bodies Mixes)

4. Sex, Drugs or Rock 'n Roll?
Clean as a whistler's mother...

5. What music outside the electronic spectrum, do you listen to?
Virtually everything except extreme incarnations of country and pop

6. Do you think (dance) music is able to lie?
God yes.

7. What is the last book you have read and what did you think of it?
Richard Dawkins - The Selfish Gene. This was quite interesting, although you always have to take everything with a grain of salt and draw your own conclusions, but my what a good argument.

8. Are all your friends involved in (dance) music?
If by 'involved' you mean 'is it a dedicated part of their life' then for the most part yes, although that's not necessarily how we all met or came to know each other,

9.What would you do with a million ping pong balls?
Go play Forrest Gump in a round or million.

10. What can we expect of you in the near future?
My head's in Lobotomy Records right now, and ensuring this baby of ours is a staple in the electronic music community. As for productions, I've done a down-tempo remix of Rob Dowell's 'Trees Without Leaves' off the album, perhaps my fave thing I've done all year, as well as starting new projects with Phil K, Fine Cut Bodies, and as The Ones With Many Faces with Rift, a live experience that will leave people speechless.

365Mag would like to thank Habersham for his time and answers!

Post subject: re: Interview Habersham
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 17:02 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Wat een kut interview zeg :lol

Wel wat leuke nieuwe dingetjes enzo hoor maar geef mij verder toch maar de interviews van GC zelf... een heel stuk diepgaander dan het wat-is-je-huidige-top-5-niveau van dit interview!

Post subject: re: Interview Habersham
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 11:59 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Altijd al eens willen weten wat Habersham met 1000 ping pong balletjes zou doen :8o