It is currently 23 Sep 2024, 16:25

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2006, 21:30 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Genre: Minimal melodic electronic music. Dunno how else to describe it :) - check press release from dj mag for a more professional genre description ;)
Label: Kompakt / Klik Records

Tracklist:

1. Teplyi Dym
2. Elegia
3. Eclair De Lune
4. The Line of Nine
5. Endlich
6. Little Leaves Fall
7. Senorita Tristeza
8. Sweets and Love
9. On the Edge
10. Albali
11. Morskaya
12. Ne Contsom A Coltsom

Some press releases:

ETHNOS TIS KYRIAKIS
Underground dance electronic sound that combines progressive with electronica. 12 tracks-electronic 'future' ballads. The music atmosphere that this duet from Russia has created is often reminiscent of soundtracks of sci-fi films. This album can be offered as an attempt to learn today what the electronic music of the future will sound like.

DJ Magazine
Russian winters are extremely cold, but outside temperatures of minus 30 have only made Moscow duo SCSI-9 more resolute to make some of the hottest techno music you'll hear in 2006. Outgrowing their minimal roots, 'Line Of Nine' is full of dreamy textures, childlike melodies -check the beautiful 'Eclair De Lune' - and a melancholic sensibility reminiscent of the work of most talented Motor City stargazers. Although the album ends with the chilling strings, mechanical glitchy beats and brooding basslines of 'Albali' and 'Ne Contsom A Colstom'.

My review:

What else can i say than brilliant? Cause thats what it is. Just a brilliant album full of minimal dreamy, melodic electronic tracks. Some with vocals but most instrumental. I have trouble picking out a track i dont like... They are all quality, some abit more downtempo than others but quite a few would work on a dancefloor too.

Klik records & Kompakt have hit the spot again with this one. Klik Records was already one of my fav. labels but after the ownage Kaito album on Kompakt, the last mentioned is fast becoming one of my fav. labels too.

9/10, one of the best artist albums this year IMO, along with Peter Gun, Thomas Schumacher, Mo-Shic & Kaito.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2006, 21:07 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Yeah looks great, definitly going to listen it!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2006, 02:07 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hele dikke CD, met als absolute uitschieter de titlesong, Line of Nine. :)