It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 14:50

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 20:27 

Ik zie de 1e extrema setjes nu ook online verschijnen:

Sasha, Deep Dish, Timo Maas en fedde le grand

edit:

niet de moeite waard, setje van deep dis duurt nog geen 10 minuten :\ en die van sasha net 20 minuten.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 20:34 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="deepfunky"]Kijk daar heb ik wat aan, dank! Nu nog zien of er doorgelinkt kan worden voor een kleine selectie.

Zo?
http://img133.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 60zkl.smil

Volgens mij wel! :roll

edo

Was Jephta er ook? Sorry gozer, helemaal misgelopen...!

Petraxx ook niet gezien :8o

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 21:05 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

i didn't see anyone either, even jerry :(

here's our pics, please help me with the names of the stages :lol [url=http://www.imagestation.com/members/petraxx]extrema 2006[/url]

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 21:08 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Gideon en Jeptha??? Zooooo edo die heb ik al jaren niet meer gezien.. jammer dat ze niet in Panama waren :(

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 21:23 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Heel kort samengevat: "wel een leuk feestje..niet meer niet minder.."

Op de terugweg als een gek verkeerd gereden, en de nodige liters benzine verspilt. :x

Dacht trouwens dat de wc's gratis waren? heb iig geen een keer betaald. :evil

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 22:18 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

waar blijft het topic 'sasha en kleinenberg in de panama' eigenlijk?

ben toch wel benieuwd!!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 22:24 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Prima daggie gehad! Meer veel gezelligheid, dan echt ergens zwaar staan genieten van de muziek. Nog het water in gesleurd met kleren en al, heerlijk... :lol
Veel bekenden gezien. WC verhaal begrijp ik niet helemaal, was toch echt gratis

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 22:29 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="SnuggLe"][quote="turbomartin"]Vanaf dat moment heb ik Extrema voornamelijk vanuit een zittende positie bezichtigd, vanaf een van de zitplekjes aan het 'strand'. Natuurlijk is zitten op Extrema een stuk toffer dan zitten in je achtertuin, maar ik vond het toch erg zonde dat ik niet gewoon kon rondstuiteren en feesten zoals de rest. Ik was namelijk wel in de mood om te feesten (lees: ik keek al weken uit naar dit feest), maar blijkbaar is een festival niet te doen als je ongesteld bent (ik hoop niet dat ik hiermee alle vrouwelijke GC-ers beledig...).

Tsja Martin, dan weet je dus dat je je vriendin gewoon thuis moet laten.
Tenminste, zo ver ben ik tegewnoordig al. Vriendinnen mee op housefeesten...dan weer moe, dan weer dit, dan weer dat...

[quote="Spenker"]Vond het een erg matig feest....en erg slecht ge-organiseerd...
Heb de hele dag eigenlijk "gezocht". Op zoek naar een goede dj,waar normale ruimte, waar zuiver geluid was en waar het een beetje losging.....en dit kon ik nergens vinden deze dag.

De techno kwam het dichst in de buurt....en sasha heeft me bizar teleurgesteld....

Per-fec-te samenvatting van het feest eigenlijk. Maar de gezelligheid brengt mij toch tot de conclusie 'aardig'.dan ben ik zeker de enige die een vriendin heeft die je moet afremmen(wat ik niet doe)

ik vind dat je op dit soort festivals juist niet alleen voor de dj s moet gaan maar juist voor het geheel, als je er naar gaat zoeken vind je het niet!! let it flow,dan komt de pret op jouw af, zelf had ik ook een time table voor mezelf gemaakt waar maar heel weinig van gekomen is en toch heb ik weer een topdag gehad, vond de wc's ook prima, met zoveel mensen op een terrein kun je toch niet verwachten dat je niet heel ff in de rij moet staan, over het geluid valt idd wel te twisten!!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:01 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Well, that was a weekend and a half :hat

It started at 3.40am on saturday when my alarm went off and I was on the road just after 4. 90 miles later i'm at stansted airport checked in for my 7am flight and as excited as a child on xmas morning :D After a quick nap on the plane and an even quicker bus journey i'm in Eindhoven and on my way to the Pink coffeeshop to get the weekend started. The only problem is that it's only 9.30am and it's shut so I reluctantly head for my hotel to get ready for the long day ahead.

I catch the 12 o'clock bus from the hotel which i'm amazed to find is free (you wouldn't see that in England) and there is a huge cheer as we pass the festival site from the motorway. After some serious powerwalking through the forest i'm at the gate and meeting up with DJS1 and Amber for the first time. We head in through the E-friends gate whereupon i'm stopped by the security guard (who looks about 14) and told that i've got too much weed on me (I have about 3g and 3 ready rolled joints). He decides that I have to give up one of my joints because "it's the rules" although I think that it was either because he didn't want foreigners smoking all the weed or he'd forgotten to get his own in the morning. Either way he was a cheeky bastard but I was in and ready to party!

First stop was the lakeside stage where Lucien Foort was warming up the sizable crowd. We decided to do a tour of the site and spent a few minutes at each stage catching Nick-k, Shinedoe and John Acquaviva along the way. The only stage we didn't make it to was the main one as there was some major gridlock at the entrance and this was pretty much my only complaint about the whole day. It was a bit of a chore trying to get between some of the stages at times but I suppose that's to be expected at big events like this. We made our way back to the lakeside for Kosmas Epsilon, who was very impressive, and it was nice to sit by the beach and chat to a few people. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly but they all asked me what I was doing there which seemed a strange question :roll

The crowd was gathering for Desyn but I took half an hour to go and see Steve Angello at the futurefunk stage (which was probably the most impressive stage in terms of decor and layout imo) and he was excellent and got the large crowd going. The same could be said of Desyn who was on the money right from the start and it was during his set that I managed to meet up with a few GC members including Jerry. We headed over to the Garden for Remy but there was an echo or sound delay at this stage which meant that unless you stood right in front of one of the speaker stacks you got double beats. He got off to a bad start but soon found his flow and we enjoyed most of his set from the edge of the arena in the shade by the fence. 8-) I spent a lot of time heading back and forth getting drinks and it was on one of these trips that I made it to the mainstage for the first time. Dr Lectroluv was playing and whilst his music was impressive, I was more impressed by the fact that he didn't pass out from the heat by wearing a suit and face mask!!

I don't really listen to a lot of techno but I wanted to catch some at Extrema so we went to the dome for the Collabs session and it was a good choice as Speedy J and Chris Liebing were superb. The first half an hour was a lot funkier than I expected but it was soon time to head back to the lakeside for Steve Lawler who, like many on here, I thought was the highlight of the night. I probably watched more of his set than any other DJ and that was due to a combination of the excellent music and great atmosphere in the arena.

The remainder of the night was a bit of a blur but we caught a bit of Deep Dish, Misstress Barbara (my 2nd favourite DJ of the night) and 16 Bit Lolitas. Arriving fashionably late, Sasha started off with the usual 'atmospheric' intro but we lost interest after half an hour and it was time to make the final walk of the day over to the lakeside for Dave Seaman. Most of the crowd were now sitting around the beach but that didn't stop the few who were having it to Dave's driving prog, including some nutters who were jumping on the boards on the left hand side of the arena in time to the music, oblivious to the fact that they were in danger of going through and having a late night swim!

I stood on the platform in front of the futurefunk stage for the end of Erick-E but I couldn't really see or tell what was going on with the grand finale. The fireworks were nice though and my general feeling was that a lot of effort and thought had gone into the festival as a whole in order to make it a great experience. Many of the people I spoke to asked me what the festivals were like in England and my reply was that they were alright but just consisted of a load of big tents in a field. The decor in every arena was excellent and I loved the random stuff around the site like the beds near the futurefunk stage and the pink and yellow seats everywhere. Extrema was as much a visual experience as an aural one that is something that the English festivals lack. They think that throwing up a few banners and a laser in a big circus tent with some superstar DJ's will suffice but there's a lot more that can be done to make it an enjoyable experience. The setting was breathtaking and it was amazing to look across the site from the mainstage as the sun went down, watching all the mayhem unfold! The weather was obviously a huge bonus too as I don't think it would have been the same if it had have been cold or raining. As for the women, I don't think i've seen that many fit and scantly clad ladies in one place :8o

In summary:

+ Lawler, Collabs session, Misstress Barbara, Desyn and Seaman.
+ The amazing venue
+ Loud soundsystems
+ Decor of the arena's
+ Being able to smoke weed without worrying about getting arrested
+ Friendly crowd
+ Great company
+ Gorgeous women in bikinis

- Congestion between the stages
- Having to pay for the toilet (well, I didn't have to but that should be included in the price for everyone)
- Getting one of my joints confiscated

All in all an amazing festival that I will hopefully make it back to next year. Thank you for having me :D

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:05 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="dj resonate"]waar blijft het topic 'sasha en kleinenberg in de panama' eigenlijk?

ben toch wel benieuwd!!

[url=http://forum.groovecollection.nl/viewtopic.php?t=1750]Is er al[/url] :)
En net Gusgus - Mallflowers gevonden, die draaide Sasha op Extrema. Wat een plaat, helemaal los! :cool

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:10 
Hoor niet veel mensen over Seaman...hoor ik echt bij het kleine groepje die hem echt goed vond ?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:12 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hoorde ook al dat hij heerlijk gedraaid had maar weinigen hebben hem gehoord denk ik, meeste stonden bij Sasha danwel Sander K...

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:14 
Al met al was de tent nog redelijk gevuld, en vond de sfeer ook stukken beter dan met bv lawler

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:41 

Ik vond het geluid over het algemeen best goed eigenlijk. Future Funk klonk goed hard (en niet vervormd ofzo) als ik langsliep naar het toilet. Lakeside viel me niet op dat het minder was en alleen bij Sasha op de main was het inderdaad minder. Nu ben ik op technisch gebied een beetje een leek, maar misschien heeft het te maken met de aansluiting van z'n Mac en Maven? Ik weet niet in hoeverre z'n Mac het niveau aankan dat bij een festival hoort en of kabels daar nog een groot verschil in kunnen maken. Geluid bij de 16 Bits was echt wel goed (hoewel de bass van Sedna wel ernstig vervormd klonk), maar bij Sasha was het inderdaad zacht en dof.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2006, 23:52 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="dendy"]Hoor niet veel mensen over Seaman...hoor ik echt bij het kleine groepje die hem echt goed vond ?

Ik vond hem ook erg goed draaien, was er helaas alleen het eerste uur/halfuur bij :(
En had Lawler eigenlijk ook niet willen missen...

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 00:00 

Het geluid ging al bij de 16 bits tijdens Space time en met name de track erna omlaag en dat werd 100% zeker gedaan door de dienstdoende geluidsman ... ik neem dat dit was om die fucking Reconnect shit beter tot zijn recht te laten komen :x

Geluid was overall idd niet top maar het blijft gewoon een ondergeschoven kindje in NL, behalve bij DT op DV (Y)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 01:06 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

ja hoorde dat ze daar speciaal funktion 1 one system hadden, looooll.... speciaal voor ingevlogen ofzo hahahahahahah :lol :lol

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 08:44 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="petraxx"][quote="deepfunky"]
Zo?
http://img133.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 60zkl.smil

are you suggesting i was a bit :cow ?

:lol
No no no! I meant they looked like shining stars to me! :D (really ;) )

Mistik, was je er ook jongen?! Vreemd, heb je niet gespot... ;)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 09:25 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Dansliefhebber"][ Wat blijven we toch Hollanders hè. Altijd maar zeuren 8-)

Ja zeg, het valt me ook wel op dat het glas opvallend vaak half leeg is, in plaats van half vol... Ik baal slechts dat Kraak & Smaak er niet waren, maar zoals Mr. Blond al zei, de vervanger draaide ook erg lekker! :)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006, 10:30 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="dendy"]Hoor niet veel mensen over Seaman...hoor ik echt bij het kleine groepje die hem echt goed vond ?

Ik heb enorme spijt, dat ik daar niet ben heengegaan :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next