It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 08:31

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Amsterdam for Queensday.
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2006, 20:52 
just started
just started

My girlfriend and i are coming over for Queens Day at the end of April and also to see Sasha that night aswell.

Does anyone know of any good pre bars close to the venue that Sasha is playing at.

Been to Amsterdam several times but never went clubbing. :oops

Any info would be most appreciated.

8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2006, 22:34 

Queensday in Amsterdam normally means about 1 million or something people partying it up in the city streets, so I suggest you just have a look around the city center  :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 11:35 
just started
just started

Thanks Emre. :cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 14:07 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

yeah there will be outdoor stages everywhere... but liek Emre said just be prepared for lots and lots of peeps!! If you just want to look around the early mornming hours will be the best time. I a having my best friend over from the usa, so I will have to dive into it myself as well showing her around... just hope the weather is good for you all (and me as I hate getting wet..)

the whole city turns into one big salesmarket with foodstalls and basically everybody selling everything that you can imagine to sell... best way of transport is a small boat!

good places to go to will be Amstelpark, Vondelpark (this is restricted to kids on the sales bit) Rozengracht (usually and outdoorstage there) greenhouse coffeeshop on the Nieuwezijdsvoorburgwal,  the red light district..  and of coarse www.twstd.nl who without no doubt have an outdoorstage with big names popping up to dj.. last year this was the best place imo.. places to avoid are leidscheplein and Museumplein as these will have top 40 stages and usally pull in huge crowds of people where you dont want to be stuck in between :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 14:11 
just started
just started

[quote="Mistik"]yeah there will be outdoor stages everywhere... but liek Emre said just be prepared for lots and lots of peeps!! If you just want to look around the early mornming hours will be the best time. I a having my best friend over from the usa, so I will have to dive into it myself as well showing her around... just hope the weather is good for you all (and me as I hate getting wet..)

the whole city turns into one big salesmarket with foodstalls and basically everybody selling everything that you can imagine to sell... best way of transport is a small boat!

good places to go to will be Amstelpark, Vondelpark (this is restricted to kids on the sales bit) Rozengracht (usually and outdoorstage there) greenhouse coffeeshop on the Nieuwezijdsvoorburgwal,  the red light district..  and of coarse www.twstd.nl who without no doubt have an outdoorstage with big names popping up to dj.. last year this was the best place imo.. places to avoid are leidscheplein and Museumplein as these will have top 40 stages and usally pull in huge crowds of people where you dont want to be stuck in between :)

Wow, lots going on then.

Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 17:19 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

well, its the biggest partyday of the year ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2006, 22:03 
I have a question about the Sasha party @ Panama on Queensday; I read on panama.nl that the pre-sale is sold out. How early would we have to be at the club to secure tickets at the door? Says it starts at 9PM but I really don't want to arrive that early if I can avoid it.. but I guess I will do so, we're talking about Sasha after all. :dj

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2006, 00:28 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="view"]I have a question about the Sasha party @ Panama on Queensday; I read on panama.nl that the pre-sale is sold out. How early would we have to be at the club to secure tickets at the door? Says it starts at 9PM but I really don't want to arrive that early if I can avoid it.. but I guess I will do so, we're talking about Sasha after all. :dj

I don't think you will have chance to buy tickets at the door anymore. If there are still tickets at the door I advise you to come early, because you are not the only one who wants to hear Sasha and needs a ticket ;)

PostPosted: 06 May 2006, 13:39 
Don't know if anyone went to Sasha @ Panama, but he never turned up that night. He cancelled all his gigs that weekend due to illness. I sort of feared that coming when he never played at Loveland/Fire/Stoperaplein outdoor party. Anyhow the girlfriend didn't want to go to a nightclub at 9PM so we bought advance tickets to Fire @ Hotel Arena instead and went there later. The Hotel Arena was a really cool club, the main hall being an old church. Sebastian Léger played a thumpin set followed by Eric Prydz. Prydz played very hard, electro techy, is this usual for his dj performances? Light years away from his production sound. Pretty cool, but too hard for me.. though most of the crowd was going apeshit, I couldn't really pull it off after a loooong day of partying. Guess I would need some extra inspiration or something, but I was knackered ;-)

The smaller side-room was playing very commercial, drunkenish party music when we got there (Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.. please). Different crowd in there than the main room, definitely not the hard-core clubbers. About 3AM there was a change, another DJ came on and played some goovy, funky tracks with an MC on the mike. Much better than the previous DJ, this became my spot for the rest of the night as Prydz was playing electro techno bang hard. I'll need to research some better for next time.

On a side note, on Sunday afternoon I was chilling in RLD and ran into Dj Sneak. He just arrived from the airport carrying his records for that night at Panama. He was looking for Chinese food with his guide and encouraged us to check him out that night. We never went, no chance in hell my legs would move to any music after two nights and a whole day of partying.. next time.

PostPosted: 06 May 2006, 13:54 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://forum.groovecollection.nl/viewtopic.php?t=1395
pages full of disapointment in Dutch ;)

Good to read you had a nice party in Hotel Arena :cool

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007, 07:58 
I'm glad to see some ppl talking, asking questions, and getting great replys here. This is my first post on this site, and I can see you all are a great community. I visited Amsterdam in 1997 10 years ago. Great city btw! :)

I'm active on a couple other sites, and a webfriend was telling me about Queensday and how great it was to visit. You all offered some great advice, and I find that to be the common thread of ppl whom I met when I was in Amsterdam. People there were very nice and helpful.

So I want to pay a few first though compliments.

I have a question. What are the dates of this event, and are there any additional links. The day may come when I will visit there again and I might want to plan my time around this event too. (Y)

Thanks!!! :)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007, 16:56 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

queensday is always at 30 april starting with parties the night before at th 29th (queensnight) just check this board for more info

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007, 20:19 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

I recognise your name from MS, welcome here :cool