It is currently 24 Sep 2024, 09:21

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 23:44 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

I've heading over to this for the first time with my wife and another couple this summer and can't wait to see what it has to offer. The official line up won't be announced for another week or so but this is who has self-confirmed so far:

Thursday 16th August
Deetron/Zombie Nation/Boys Noize/Hayseed Dixie/Tiga/Bonde Do Role/Morda/My Brightest Diamond/Ash/Dizzee Rascal/Nine Inch Nails

Friday 17th August
Collabs Sessions feat. Speedy J & Chris Leibing/Cajuan/Apparat/Cansei De Ser Sexy/Arcade Fire/The Noisettes/Patrick Wolf/Badly Drawn Boy

Saturday 18th August
The Whitest Boy Alive/Booka Shade/LCD Soundsystem/Justice/Cassius/Agoria & Oxia/Goose/Trentmoller/Uffie & DJ Feadz/Fear Before the March of Flames/The End/Heavy Heavy Low Low/Lacuna Coil/The Jai-alai Savant/Tool

Laurent Garnier is confirmed to play but I'm not sure on which day yet. Groove Armada are also strongly rumoured as well as Basement Jaxx.

Is anyone else thinking of going or has been before to offer me any advice :p

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 10:28 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

i'm going t lowlands festival, its the same weekend, but in holland. difference with pukkelpop is that is has a little less electronic music, but half of the program allways overlaps. The thing is, lowlands as a festival is much more complete, looks nicer, and there's more other things to do.

My brother went to pukkelpop last year and he said it was a horror compared to how beautifull lowlands looks :)

'Maybe if I had started to grow my hair earlier it would've been longer than Hernan's by now!'

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 00:40 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Yeah we did look at Lowlands but we prefered Pukkelpop partly because we can stay in a hotel in Hasselt rather than camping. We've all done the full festival camping experience in the past and while that is usually a good laugh it can be hard work if the weather is crap. I did see though that they've got those pods at Lowlands this year which are like small summer houses for 2 so maybe that might be an option next year :p

The first official announcement was made this week and it's looking good so far. Highlights include:

Live: Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada, LCD Soundsystem, CSS, Soulwax, Cassius, Trentmoller, Laurent Garnier, Justice, Alex Gopher, Digitalism, Black Strobe, Matthew Dear's Big Hands, Apparat, Booka Shade, Bonde Do Role, Zombie Nation

DJ's: Collabs 3000, 2 Many DJ's, Tiga, Erol Alkan, James Holden, Jazzy Jeff, Riton, MSTRKRFT, Boys Noize, Marky, Andy C, Goldie, Uffie & Feadz, The Glimmers, Agoria vs Oxia

Apparently 2 Many DJ's/Soulwax are hosting one of the dance tents for a whole day. I'm hoping that either Bedrock or Excession might be given a tent for a day too but I very much doubt it :lol

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 10:06 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

the more mud the more fun i would say :)

[img]http://fotos.timovanleeuwen.nl/albums/060817lowlands2006/IMG_3656.jpg[/img]

[img]http://fotos.timovanleeuwen.nl/albums/060817lowlands2006/IMG_3687.jpg[/img]

:D

'Maybe if I had started to grow my hair earlier it would've been longer than Hernan's by now!'

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 10:10 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Timo is ook een viespeuk :p

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 14:31 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

sssst :D

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 15:51 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Jaaaaaaa pukkelpop!! I liked it a lot last year... daft punk closing act... fireworks and all the crap... man, happiness everywhere!

Always hard to choose between pukkelpop and lowlands but pukkelpop has a slightly better line up most of the time :)

Must see this year @ pukkelpop: apparat live :tune and trentemoller live Very interesting 2 new live acts :)

timo: dan heb ik jou broer op i love techno afgelopen keer gesproken. Samen met roland en nog wat gasten bij james holden... (as always bij james :P)

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 17:26 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Nice pics Timo, especially the bottom one :o Does the ticket price include your own canoe to get between the tents? :roll

I must say Tigereye that it was based largely on last year's line up that we decided to come over for Pukkelpop this summer but, aside from the Dance stuff, I'm not that bothered about most of the bands who have been announced so far :| The problem I have is that my wife and the couple we're going with aren't really into dance music and they aren't that impressed with the bands who are playing either. Still, going to festivals is all about hearing new music, seeing new bands and enjoying the whole experience :D.

I'm also interested to see some of the 'live' acts such as Justice, Digitalism, Laurent Garnier and Booka Shade as they usually do DJ sets rather than their own stuff - should be good fun!

PostPosted: 10 May 2007, 22:40 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Tigereye"]
timo: dan heb ik jou broer op i love techno afgelopen keer gesproken. Samen met roland en nog wat gasten bij james holden... (as always bij james :P)

Ja Roland en mijn broertje dat klopt wel dan ja, en ik, ik moet erbij gestaan hebben, het was immers james dus ik was er ook ja. :D Wie ben jij dan? Ik heb je dan geloof ik niet gesproken. Wat grappig!! Waar ken je Roaldn dan van?

Jij bent ze zeker ook tegengekomen in Roosje bij Holden! Toen was ik verweg :)

Anyway, no canoes included, too bad :D

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 10:29 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="sirtimo"]
Jij bent ze zeker ook tegengekomen in Roosje bij Holden! Toen was ik verweg :)

Exactly waar ik roland voor het eerst in het echie heb gezien. Ja, jij was toen ver weg :lol Verder ken ik hem gewoon via msn / fora...
je broertje heb ik bij i love techno gesproken blijkbaar, ken hem verder niet maar ik herinnerde me dat er iemand bij was die ook naar pukkelpop was geweest (waar holden ook was, vandaar de link natuurlijk...) Neemt niet weg dat dat i love techno verder flink bagger was, mij te massaal / shit geluid etc. Ik was samen met 2 dames en nog een vriend, bij het begin van holden.. vooraan waar het geluid nog slechter was :p

@ DJ Gannon: Yeah last years line up was great, also with the regular (rock) bands (infadels, snow patrol, etc). Since pukkelpop is rather huge, and only 2 tents (of a total of about 9 I guess) are setup for dance music, I think there will be enough rockbands anounced in the next couple of weeks / months :) We'll just have to wait and see... Good luck with the hotel btw, as far as I know, walking from town to the festival takes quite some miles. Busses do go from the trainstation to the festival and back at the beginning and at the end of the festival, but I'm not sure if they ride everyday (especially to get back to the hotel late at night).

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 00:28 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

I emailed the organisers and they have said that there will be buses and trains running at the end of each night from the festival site to Hasselt so no need for the long walk back :p

More of the line up has been revealed now and there is a good mix of bands and DJ's that I'm interested in seeing. I've also done a bit of research on some of the bands I haven't heard of and there are a few that sound like they'll be worth checking out. My plan at this stage is to catch all or some of the following:

Thursday 16th August:
Kaiser Chiefs, Basement Jaxx, Editors, Tiga, Silversun Pickups, Jamie T, Digitalism, Zombie Nation, Gogol Bordello, The Go! Team, I'm from Barcelona, The Pigeon Detectives, Boys Noize, Bonde do Role.

Friday 17th August:
Arcade Fire, Groove Armada, Laurent Garnier, Collabs 3000, CSS, Jazzy Jeff, Black Strobe, Matthew Dear's Big Hands, MSTRKRFT, The Enemy, Art Brut, DJ Marky.

Saturday 18th August:
Kings of Leon, LCD Soundsystem, The Streets, Justice, Trentmoller, Erol Alkan, Felix Da Housecat, Armand Van Helden, Andy C, Tokyo Police Club, Goldie, Booka Shade, The Rakes, New Young Pony Club.

I'm still hoping/praying that Underworld and Hot Chip are confirmed too but I've given up on the Prodigy as they are playing a festival in Lokeren the week before Pukkelpop :(

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]